Solenoids and electromagnet are very similar. When a wire is coiled around a metallic tube, it becomes solenoid, and when current is passed through it, it becomes an electromagnet. elektrozawory (solenoid valves) are useful, as they help us to utilize controlled magnetic field for our purpose.
When an ideal charge is excited, it starts producing electricity and later on it generates a magnetic field. This phenomenon is called Electromagnetism. When we make solenoid, it behaves as a magnet, and when we give electricity to it, it becomes more powerful. So we can use it in very important daily applications.
• Electromechanical solenoids: they are normally used in pin ball machines, printers and fuel injectors. They consist of inductive coil, wound around movable iron or steel armature.
• Rotary solenoid: they were use 50 years ago, as shock absorbing bomb releasers. Still today we use them in a number of applications.
• Rotary voice coil: they are rotational version of elektrozawory. They are used highly in disk drives.
• Pneumatic solenoid valves: it acts as a switch to route air into a pneumatic device. It also acts as bridge between pneumatic systems and electronic controller.
• Hydraulic elektrozawory valves: they are same as pneumatic solenoid valves but they are designed to control the hydraulic fluid flowing at very high pressure.
• Automobile starter solenoid: they are an important part of vehicle starting system. They receive current from battery and ignition switch, and help the vehicle to start its engine. If the battery is corroded or the cables are damaged, the vehicle won’t start due to less supply of electricity to solenoid.
• Used as door locks, water pressure valves in AC systems, Medical machinery, speakers, automobiles and power plants.
• Without solenoids, it was impossible to hear and reproduce sound, because microphones and speakers work because of solenoids only.
• Solenoids are also used as inductors for various purposes.
• Their uses as electromagnets are very high.